- I just need the mail server settings
- Outlook 2007
- Vista Windows Mail
- Windows Live Mail
How do I setup my dial-up account?
- Windows XP (Home, Pro, MCE)
- Windows Vista
How do I use the webmail? and not the technical manual either :)
Do you have seasonal internet access services?
Our mail server is smtp.iamnow.net for outgoing and mail.iamnow.net for incoming.
SMTP Authentication is required.
No, sorry. But it only takes 15 minutes after you call to request service and arrange payment.
There could be a number of things so let's take a look at some common ones.
1. If you are able to talk to on the phone line that you are using for the modem without interference then the line quality should be good enough to support dial up. Make sure when you are on the phone you aren't hearing various hisses, static or clicks indicating line interference.
2. If possible try dialing up from another computer. Before you go out and buy another modem though try another computer on the line you are dialing from. If you don't have another computer feel free to bring it by our shop for us to try here. If the problem doesn't exist on an alternate computer we know the trouble is within the original computer. (software, modem, etc)
3. Update the modem drivers. The modem driver is the software that you install on the computer to make the modem work. From time to time manufactures update their drivers to take care of bugs etc. Simply reinstalling the modem with the same driver can sometimes straighten out issues as well. Updating the driver can be tough as you will need to go to the modem manufacture's site to download the latest drivers and if you modem is disconnecting you may not be able to get there. If you get stuck we can help.
4. Notify us. We can look into issues with our local access numbers to diagnose issues above our control. We don't know you're having trouble on your modem until you tell us. Call us or send us an email with a description of the problem and the number you are using to dial up. We are happy to help.
If you search the web there is all sorts of advice. Call and ask us for advice.
We have worked with many antivirus products over the years. Although we do not support any antivirus product we have a few favorites. Call and ask.
See our service page to learn more.
It depends. Many things are better done in our shop such as a virus clean up or system tune up. It isn't feasible for you to pay a technician to sit in front of your computer waiting for scans to finish before the real work begins. We also believe that to see 100% of the issue we need to use multiple tools which adds time. We also make a habit of backing up systems before beginning a repair and are unable to do that efficiently at a customer premise. Our technicians can work multiple machines at once in the shop keeping the overall cost down allowing us to have a fixed cost for many in shop services. Technicians dispatched to you are on a time and materials basis.
We also offer a pick up/drop off service to help those who are not comfortable carrying their computer or unplugging/replugging in the cables.
There are always times when a house call is required. House calls must be scheduled in advance but sometimes can be done later in the same day. Don't worry, we will help you determine the best approach for you issue.
Current webmail storage quota is 200MB. If you need more we are able to increase your quota .We are working to increase our online storage capacity as well. If you are receiving quota messages in our email and are using an email client such as Outlook Express or Windows Mail be sure to check if you client is set to leave a copy of mail on the server.
TDS has stopped forwarding mail on port 25 in an effort to cut down on spam. You can continue to send mail from your iamnow.net mail account from a TDS internet connection by setting your outgoing port to 587 and turning on 'my server requires authentication'. This will also work on IAMNet internet services and will prove helpful if you travel and connect to various networks. You can also continue to use our webmail located on the 'My Account' page.
Unfortunately because of the nature of our site's design it is not possible to use custom fonts without distorting your viewing experience.